Board of Trustees
The Erie Day School Board of Trustees governs the school in consultation with the Head of School. This includes the adoption of the annual budget, assuring the School’s financial health, striving to continually improve all programs and services offered by the school, and maintaining in the best possible condition of all real estate and physical equipment.
The Board of Trustees consists of not less than 15 nor more than 22 Trustees, plus such Ex-Officio Trustees, Trustees Emeriti, and Honorary Trustees as provided in the Erie Day School Bylaws. At least one-half of the Trustees are current parents. Trustees other than Honorary, Ex-officio, and Emeriti Trustees are elected for a term of three years.
2020-2021 Board of Trustees
- Stephen Pelkowski, Chairman
- Christina Nacopoulos, Esq., Vice Chair
- John Schulze, Treasurer
- Dawn Rooth Schultz, Esq., Secretary
- Geoffrey Beadle
- Dr. Matthew Darling
- James Fisher, J.D., Ph.D.
- Dr. Naod Kebede
- Kelly Kovacs
- Stephen Kovacs, D.O.
- Sumner E. Nichols II, Esq.
- Michele Polon, D.O.
- Bishop Sean Rowe
- Garrett Taylor, Esq.
- Scott Wright
- Karen Tyler, Ed.D. Head of School, Ex-Officio
- Beth Burnside, Trustee Emeritus
- Dori Fish, '71, Trustee Emeritus
- Patricia Schaal, Trustee Emeritus
- John V. Schultz III, Trustee Emeritus