Board of Trustees
The Erie Day School Board of Trustees governs the school in consultation with the Head of School. This includes the adoption of the annual budget, assuring the School’s financial health, striving to continually improve all programs and services offered by the school, and maintaining in the best possible condition of all real estate and physical equipment.
The Board of Trustees consists of not less than 15 nor more than 22 Trustees, plus such Ex-Officio Trustees, Trustees Emeriti, and Honorary Trustees as provided in the Erie Day School Bylaws. At least one-half of the Trustees are current parents. Trustees other than Honorary, Ex-officio, and Emeriti Trustees are elected for a term of three years.
2020-2021 Board of Trustees
- Bishop Sean Rowe, Episcopal Bishop of the Diocese of NW PA and NY, Chairman
- Mr. Demetrios Agrafiotis, Parker Hannifin Corp., Vice Chair
- Mr. John Schulze, Erie Bank, Treasurer
- Dr. Matthew Darling, Gannon University, Secretary
- Geoffrey Beadle, Edinboro University
- Tracey Bowes, Esq., Owner, Pressed Bookstore
- Dr. James Fisher, J.D., Edinboro University
- Dr. Jessica Hartnett, Gannon University
- Dr. Naod Kebede, Edinboro University
- Kelly Kovacs, Bayside Orthopedics
- Dr. Stephen Kovacs, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Wayne (Wentao) Liu, MBA, CAPM, PNC Bank
- Stephen Pelkowski, PE, MSEE, MSME, MBA, Wabtec Corp.
- Dr. Michele Polon, ReJuv Erie
- Mark Raimy, CEO, Welders Supply Co.
- Dawn Schultz, Esq., Wabtec Corp.
- Garrett Taylor, Esq., Taylor & Taylor, LLP
- Scott Wright, Reed Manufacturing Corp.
- Ron Vinyard, MBA, WMCP, Legacy Financial Consulting Services
- Dr. Karen Tyler, Head of School, Ex-Officio
- Beth Burnside, Trustee Emeritus
- Dori Fish, '71, Trustee Emeritus
- Patricia Schaal, Trustee Emeritus
- John V. Schultz III, Trustee Emeritus