Erie Day School seeks to enroll academic and personal achievers, diverse in abilities, interests, races, nationalities, religions, and economic backgrounds. EDS welcomes students who demonstrate a willingness to participate and perform at their personal best, with a variety of talents and ideas committed to actively contributing to a dynamic learning environment while serving the school and greater community.
Erie Day School follows the NAIS Legal Advisory's guidelines for Americans with Disabilities Act and Independent Schools.
Erie Day School believes that diversity should include areas such as gender, learning style, physical challenges, race and ethnicity, religion, and socio-economic characteristics that contribute to each individual’s full identity.
We believe that by living our motto every day, we have established ourselves as a diverse school.
- We strive to instill a sense of awareness and to stretch our minds and hearts so that we live our lives in wisdom and acceptance of these differences.
- We stress the importance of being friends to all people.
- We believe that by embracing the unique experiences and varied backgrounds among our students, faculty, staff, and families, we learn to affirm and respect ourselves and others.
- We believe that accommodations may be needed among our students. Students demonstrate differences in learning, physical, emotional, social, cultures, religions, beliefs, practices, etc. Our faculty and staff work in tandem with the Intermediate Unit to support students.
Erie Day School is currently enrolling students for the 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 school years; admissions occur on a rolling basis dependent upon grade availability. Prospective student shadowing is also recommended and can be arranged as well.
The Erie Day School admissions process includes several steps:
- Attend an Open House or schedule a personal tour
- Schedule a student ‘shadow’ day for your child
- Submit an Admissions Application (download here)
- Interview with Head of School and Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
and a written recommendation from your child’s current school (Grades 1
through 8) will need to be secured and once the child is accepted,
parents/guardians will complete and sign an Enrollment Agreement and
provide a non-refundable deposit which is applied to the yearly tuition
and secures the child’s place in the class.
Contact Sarah Williams, Director of Admission & Enrollment, at 814-452-4273, or email@example.com for more information or to schedule a personal tour for you and your child(ren).