Visual and Performing Arts
The Visual & Performing Arts program at Erie Day School
encompasses a full scope of artistic endeavors.
Students learn the
elements of sound, pitch, dynamics and tone color of music theory; learn
to read and write musical symbols; work with hands-on activities;
playing, singing, moving and composing, and performing in small groups;
participate in a field trips while studying music from the various periods of time
(Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic and Contemporary style) along
with their respective composers.
Visual arts students learn and use the elements and principles of visual arts to create artworks in two and three dimensional form. The students will be able to recognize characteristics of art periods from different historical and cultural perspectives; and experiment with traditional and contemporary media to express artistic ideas in a choice based art studio environment. Students will demonstrate how to use the tools, materials, and techniques of various 2D and 3D media to make intentional choices in their original art.
Visual & Performing Arts
- Studio based-arts
- Erie Day School Playhouse
- Young Artists Debut Orchestra
- Instrumental lessons including the Piano, Guitar, Violin, Viola, Cello
Annual Visual & Performing Arts Programs*
- All-School Friday Morning Meetings
- Grandparents’ Day – Preschool through Grade 8 perform
- Holiday Program – Preschool through Grade 8 perform
- Visual & Performing Arts Walk & Music Festival – Preschool through Grade 8 perform
- Erie Day School Playhouse production
*due to Covid restrictions, please check within for updated schedule.