Kindergarten and Grades 1 to 4
The Erie Day School Lower School curriculum encourages children to explore, learn, create and work cooperatively. Active participation is a point of emphasis, and students acquire the basic skills necessary for the more complex concepts of Middle School.
A ‘hidden’ curriculum consists of social etiquette, character education highlighting Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and environmental sustainability preparedness. Students also take technology skills, studio-based art and music classes on a weekly basis. Organized physical education is an important part of everyday life for students.
Enrichment and individual assistance are available from our learning specialists for students who may experience additional challenges or need academic support outside the classroom.
- World language learning
- Visual and performing arts classes
- Physical education classes
- Experiential education with local destinations
- Big buddy collaboration with Early Education and Middle School students
- Remedial reading and math services
- Barton tutoring
- Enrichment services
- Speech and language services
- After-school activities
- Social Studies