All students in Kindergarten through Grade 8 are required to follow Erie Day School dress standards.
Lands' End Ordering
The Erie Day School logo is on file with Lands’ End. The Erie Day School 'preferred school number' is 900037904.
- Go to the Lands' End School website and create or sign in to your account.
- Include your student and school information in My Account (or find your School using the Preferred School Number Search: 900037904).
- Start shopping with your personalized product checklist.
- Hunter/classic navy plaid is an option for skirts, jumpers, belts, headbands and ties.
- Evergreen and white are the color selections for polo shirts (both long- and short-sleeve).
Kindergarten through Grade 8
All students need to comply with the Dress Standards posted under the "Parents" section of the website.
Middle School (Grades 5 to 8)
Students in Grades 5 - 8 align with the EDS Dress Standards and uniform apparel includes a "dress uniform" for special events. Please refer to the "Parents" tab for a complete listing of the Dress Standards which includes information related to hair, accessories and shoes, in addition to uniform items.
- White, navy blue, or evergreen polo shirts, with or without logo, long- or short-sleeved.
- White, navy blue, or evergreen turtle neck shirts, long-sleeved.
- White or light blue oxford-style shirts, long or short-sleeved are daily options for Middle School students and are noted as required ‘dress attire’ for specific events.
- Shirts must be of acceptable width and length.
- Shirts are to be tucked in and buttons buttoned, with the exception of the top button.
- Cuffs on long-sleeved shirts must be buttoned or rolled.
- Shirts should be ironed or wrinkle-free.
- No manufacturer’s logos (this includes Nautica, Lacoste, etc.).
Sweaters and Sweatshirts
- Evergreen, white, navy blue, off-white cardigans, with or without logo.
- Evergreen, navy, gray, or white half-zip pullovers, with or without logo, long-sleeved.
- Evergreen, navy, gray, or white full-zip, with or without logo, no hood.
- Erie Day School sweatshirts (as sold by Eighth Grade) with the three quarter-zip and logo are permitted.
- Hoodies and Spirit Wear are subject to approval (e.g. participation in school trips or athletic events).
- Khaki, navy blue, or gray pants are to be worn at the waist.
- Leggings, stretch pants, cargo pants, bell-bottoms, wide-leg or low-riding pants are not acceptable (including dress-down days).
- Ripped pants are not acceptable, including dress-down or jeans days.
- Brands with rivet construction/design are not permitted.
- Pants with excessive pockets (cargo style) are not permitted.
- Khaki, navy blue, or gray Bermuda or walking shorts are preferred.
- Shorts with limited pockets are acceptable (no cargo shorts).
- Short length must not be higher than 3" from the top of the knee.
- Shorts may be worn April 1st through November 1st, weather pending.
- Shorts must be worn at waist level and with a belt if belt loops are present.
- Khaki, navy blue, gray, hunter/classic navy plaid from Lands End skirts and skorts may be worn any day of the year.
- Length must not be higher than 3" from the top of the knee.
- Tight skirts are unacceptable.
- Skirts and skorts may not be rolled at the waist.
- Tights or knee socks should be worn November 2nd through March 31st in the following colors: white, off-white, gray, navy, khaki, nude, evergreen, or brown.
- All skirts and skorts are to be worn at the waist.
- Jumpers are approved apparel items for girls in Grades K-4 and may be worn all year.
- Jumpers should be khaki, navy blue, gray, hunter/evergreen, or hunter/classic navy plaid (available through Lands End, with or without logo)
- Belts should be navy blue, brown, or black (or hunter/classic navy plaid from Lands End).
- Where there are belt loops, a belt must be worn.
- Belt loops may not be cut from pants or skirts.
- Navy blue, black, white (girls only), off-white, gray, brown, evergreen, or khaki socks (any print or pattern must be with the colors listed) should be worn.
- Girls are required to wear foldable ankle or to-the-knee socks.
- Boys are required to wear trousers socks.
- Socks must be visible above the anklebone.
- Socks cannot have manufacturers or athletic logos visible.
- Navy blue, black, or brown comfortable dress shoes are to be worn, Grades 3 – 8.
- Kindergarten through Grade 3 students are encouraged to wear athletic sneakers of his/her color/style choice.
- Any shoes with ties must be tied.
- Heels must not exceed 1/2".
- No shoes with wheels can be worn.
- Sperry brand shoes may be worn in brown, gray, blue, or black leather but side patterns must be kept to a minimum distraction.
- Sneaker style shoes (such as Vans, Toms, or Sketchers), hiking boots, Birkenstocks, ballet slippers, clogs, high heels, or shoes with open-toes are not permitted among students in Grades 3 – 8.
Ties may be worn appropriately in the colors of navy blue, evergreen or hunter/classic navy plaid from Lands End. Ties are considered dress attire for Middle School students.
Hair accessories may include barrettes, bobby pins, hair ties or head bands in the following colors or color patterns: navy blue, white, off-white, gray, light blue, black, brown, khaki, and hunter/classic navy plaid from Lands End. Hair accessories should NOT be of distraction (i.e. flowers, jewels, glitter, etc.).
Jewelry may be worn in moderation. A watch, one ring, and one chain with a charm smaller than the size of a quarter may be worn. One stud earring may be worn in each earlobe; otherwise accented piercings are not acceptable
Physical Education Attire
Early Childhood and Lower School students through Grade 3
- are not required to change into gym clothes, but are required to wear sneakers to physical education classes.
Grades 4 to 8:
- sneakers, t-shirt, shorts, or athletic pants required.
- tank tops are not allowed.
- t-shirts and shorts do not need to be a specific color or brand.
“Dress Down” or “Jeans Days” occur throughout the school year. Students are required to maintain appropriate dress standards, selecting conservative clothes for the school day (e.g. no tight or excessively baggy clothing, sweatpants, excessive jewelry, mid-drift exposure, excessive pockets, high shorts, heels, open-toed shoes, etc.).