Erie Day School is partnering with MyHotLunchbox.com to provide a secure and easy-to-use online ordering system that allows users to view the lunch menu, order, prepay, and manage lunches on the web.
Monday: Firehouse Subs
Tuesday: Mike N' DAngelo's
Wednesday: Jersey Mikes Subs
Thursday: Moe's Southwest Grill
Friday: Donato's Pizza
Registration and Ordering
Go to: www.myhotlunchbox.com
• Click on “Order Now” at the top of the page
• Under “Order Now for Schools” click on “Create a New Account”
• Erie Day School’s school code is EDS112
• Complete the steps to create your family account
• Order and be sure to check out!
Important Note: You will need to Update Your Profile with the student's grade for
the upcoming school year. You can do this by selecting "My Profiles" on
the left side and clicking the student's name and choosing the correct
option in the drop-down menu.
Lunch Program Questions: If you have technical problems or questions regarding the food or hot
lunch policies, including missed/late orders, credits, and
changes/cancellations, please email email@example.com or call
Payment Information: The program accepts payment by debit or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover).
• If you are ordering for more than one student, please be sure to add all items for your students into the shopping cart BEFORE checking out.
• Make sure you proceed to checkout and process your payment. Orders that are left in your shopping cart will NOT be processed, and your student(s) will not be included in the lunch service.
• Once your payment is processed, you will be able to add, edit, or cancel any order up to 24 hours prior to the delivery day. You do NOT have to order for the entire month or two at one time. However, there is a $10 minimum order (otherwise a $1 processing fee will be applied).
Get Email Notifications: Make sure you have a valid email address in your profile to receive hot lunch notifications, including ordering reminders, important communications, confirmations, and password resets. Don’t forget to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email safe list.
When are menus available, and how far out can I order in advance?
Menus are made available for either a one-, two-, or three-month ordering period. Menus will be available on Monday, August 14.
Can I cancel/change or add to my initial lunch order? Yes. Changes, additions, and cancellations can be made within the ordering system, providing they are done during the ordering period. If you prefer to contact My Hot Lunchbox directly, they are available via email (email@example.com), phone (888-894-8295), or online chat within the ordering module
What forms of payment are accepted? Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and debit cards are accepted. Transactions are secured at the highest possible level.
How can I contact My Hot Lunchbox? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 888-894-8295 (7 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday–Friday).
Helpful hints when packing your child's lunch
Parents/guardians are to pack a lunch for their child every day when a lunch service is not provided or chosen. The lunch will be stored in your child’s classroom so be sure to add any needed ice packs to keep the appropriate food(s) chilled. Three microwaves are located in the Kern Dining Room to warm soup and other items.
Parents, when packing lunches and snacks, please keep in mind:
The Erie Day School is not a Peanut/Tree-Nut Free School and does not have a policy prohibiting peanuts or tree-nuts. Further, Erie Day School cannot guarantee an environment that will be Peanut/Tree-Nut Free. With that being said, we want to create an environment for our children of awareness and acknowledgement of certain risks in order to mitigate potentially serious reaction as a result of contact with or consumption of certain peanuts or tree nuts. Below are recommendations/guidelines for our parents:
Please reinforce and encourage safe practices among our EDS students including, but not limited to, discouraging parents/students from bringing peanuts and/or tree-nut food, sharing or trading food with classmates, utensil swapping, eating on school transportation and hand washing with soap and water prior to and following eating to prevent cross contact.
With respect to birthdays, holidays, field trips or other occasions in which a classroom or school-wide snack may be distributed, please consider sending pre-packaged foods (containing an ingredient label) that do not contain peanuts or tree-nuts. A list of commonly acceptable pre-packaged snacks and foods is available in the EDS Main Office for your reference and convenience.
Parents are expected to inform the Head of School of their child’s allergies prior to the start of the school year or as soon as diagnosis is made by a physician.
In addition to fostering an environment of awareness around this issue, we want to enable our students to have a full experience and allow them to participate in events such as birthdays, holidays or other occasions. Therefore, in addition, parents of students with allergies please provide, for their child, an acceptable non-allergy food for special school-wide events, holidays, and field trips (including, but not limited to: Halloween, Thanksgiving Feast, Evening of Shakespeare, and Sports Award Ceremony).
EDS will make reasonable attempts to:
- Provide signage to promote awareness of these allergies.
- Establish effective regular sanitation and cleaning measures, such as cleaning of lunch tables and classroom surfaces.
- Provide EDS faculty and administration with professional development and training around (i) recognizing the symptoms of an allergic reaction (including anaphylactic reaction) and (ii) how to treat/respond if someone has an allergic or anaphylactic reaction.
Please note, additional guidelines, more rigorous precautions and/or monitoring a may be taken on a case-by-case basis. For example, additional precautions may be implemented in the Toddler and/or Preschool programs or by homeroom teachers with certain at risk children.
If you should have any questions or would like to discuss further, please contact the EDS Head of School directly.